nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP FlowSpec support on provider networks

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:38:31 -0400

On Apr 10, 2009, at 4:27 PM, "Fouant, Stefan" <Stefan.Fouant () neustar biz> wrote:

Hi folks,

I am trying to compile data on which providers are currently supporting BGP Flowspec at their edge, if there are any at all. The few providers I've reached out to have indicated they do not support this and have no
intention of supporting this any time in the near future.  I'm also
curious why something so useful as to have the ability to advertise flow
specification information in NLRI and distribute filtering information
is taking so long to gain a foothold in the industry...

Can you name 3 major vendors who support it? I suspect more providers would offer it if there was vendor support. Last I checked, at least one vendor was fighting mad over the thought of supporting it.