nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] Questions about NETCONF

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 07:18:44 -0400

On May 15, 2008, at 10:28 PM, 袁智辉 wrote:

How is the state of arts of NETCONF (RFC 4741) protocol?

Is there any Network Management System Deployed which is base on
NETCONF?

I've personally been waiting for the data modeling to be
standardized.  Yes, it's great and wonderful to have a consistent
method of talking to network devices, but I also want a standard data
model along with it.

Do you think security products (like Firewall, IDS/IPS and Security
Operation Centre) can benefit from NETCONF?

I believe any network device can benefit from netconf.