nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] Microsoft.com PMTUD black hole?

From: Glen Turner <gdt () gdt id au>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 16:42:45 +0930

Nathan Anderson/FSR wrote:
A member of Microsoft's GNS network escalations team saw my postings on
NANOG about this issue and took offense at my use of this forum to raise
this issue with them, and criticized me as being unprofessional and
lacking in business acumen.

Hang on a tick. Aren't you one of their customers...<looking through
mail spool>...

As I pointed out in my post earlier today timestamped at 2:29PM, I was
using an XP SP3 host to perform my tests with...

...why yes, you are.

I can't think of any other supplier that would be so unprofessional and
so lacking in business acumen as to say that their customer was UALIBI.

Amazing. A fine case study of a person in customer contact undoing the
work of millions of dollars in PR.  Whatever you say about Steve Ballmer
he's a great sales person at heart. He must despair at some of his staff.

--
  Glen Turner