nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 tracking assignments (OSS recommendations)

From: "Scott Francis" <darkuncle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:34:11 -0800

On Jan 4, 2008 1:31 PM, Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net> wrote:

Scott Francis wrote:
On Jan 2, 2008 12:32 PM, Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net> wrote:

Anyone have any experience with software that will track both IPv4 and
IPv6 assignments in the OSS world? Any recommendations?

we've been using IPPlan <http://iptrack.sf.net/> recently and have
been pretty satisfied with it (standard LAMP stack), but it doesn't
appear to support v6. This app (japanese only at the moment, it looks
like) looks pretty promising:
http://www.ipv6style.jp/en/tryout/20041224/index.shtml

Anyone have an idea of what it would take to create an English language
set for it? (like a cost figure to get a bilingual person drunk long
enough to do the job?) ;)

request went out from one of the project developers to the IETF v6
mailing list a while ago for translation help; my knowledge of
Japanese is essentially nil, so I can't help much there.
--
darkuncle@{gmail.com,darkuncle.net} || 0x5537F527
  http://darkuncle.net/pubkey.asc for public key