nanog mailing list archives

Re: Deaggregation factor jump (Re: Weekly Routing Table Report)

From: Geoff Huston <gih () apnic net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:39:42 +1100

David Conrad wrote:

[cc's drastically reduced]

On Feb 22, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Routing Analysis Role Account wrote:
Analysis Summary
BGP routing table entries examined:                              246872
   Prefixes after maximum aggregation:                          124953
   Deaggregation factor:                                          1.98

Yow. Last week it was 1.96 and this constitutes a significant increase. Anybody have an idea of what happened?

Cox has jumped about 2k in the past month for me. If I could ever figure out what the OIDs are for BGP peers I would graph it.

Something is happening since the 21st of this month.

Check out the plot of BGP entries and ASes on the first page of http://www.cidr.report.org. Both the number of BGP advertisements and the number of ASes have increased noticeably in the past couple of days.

Geoff