nanog mailing list archives

Re: Deaggregation factor jump (Re: Weekly Routing Table Report)

From: Justin Shore <justin () justinshore com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:06:50 -0600

David Conrad wrote:

[cc's drastically reduced]

On Feb 22, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Routing Analysis Role Account wrote:
Analysis Summary
BGP routing table entries examined:                              246872
   Prefixes after maximum aggregation:                          124953
   Deaggregation factor:                                          1.98

Yow. Last week it was 1.96 and this constitutes a significant increase. Anybody have an idea of what happened?

Cox has jumped about 2k in the past month for me. If I could ever figure out what the OIDs are for BGP peers I would graph it.

Justin