nanog mailing list archives

Re: What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

From: Roy <r.engehausen () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:42:08 -0800

Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
Randy Bush wrote:

On 08.12.24 12:43, Jay Hennigan wrote:

Matthew Black wrote:

I've had difficulties reaching anyone with a brain
at my DSL provider Verizon California.

Switch to a local ISP with local tech support.

bingo.

Uh, ditto? Having left SoCal a couple of years ago, my data is a bit
stale. However, I happily used XO+Covad in three separate locations
(in SoCal). DSLExtreme also has (or at least had) a good reputation.
Verizon sucks. In fact, since you are in the Long Beach area, they
suck even more than they do other places. Vote with your feet.

I am pretty sure that COVAD is offshore now....