nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] would ip6 help us safeing energy ?

From: "Jim Popovitch" <yahoo () jimpop com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:44:23 -0400

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Dale Carstensen <dlc () lampinc com> wrote:
 I think Disney/ABC thinks they can get individual ISPs to pay them
 to carry sports audio/video streams.  I suppose that would be yet
 another multicast stream method, assuming an ISP location had multiple
 customers viewing the same stream.

 Are other content providers trying to do something similar?  How are
 operators dealing with this?  What opinions are there in the operator
 community?

I'm not sure of the particulars, but Hulu (NBC/Universal and News
Corp)  and FanCast (Comcast) seem to have an interesting relationship.
 I would love to know more, but i detest reading financials. ;-)

-Jim P.