nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hotmail NOC Contact

From: "Jason J. W. Williams" <williamsjj () digitar com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:22:24 -0600

Hi Suresh,

We are the outsourced provider. :-)

-J

----- Original Message -----
From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
To: Jason J. W. Williams
Cc: nanog () merit edu <nanog () merit edu>
Sent: Thu Apr 03 03:13:47 2008
Subject: Re: Hotmail NOC Contact

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:00 AM, Jason J. W. Williams
<williamsjj () digitar com> wrote:
 Does anyone have a good contact number for the Hotmail NOC? We've got
e-mails from Hotmail to some of our customers being returned the Hotmail
sender with a 554 error message fairly regularly. Our logs aren't showing
any rejections, so we need to talk to Hotmail and find out what the 554
means on their side (there's no error description). Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Easier if you paste a sample bounce

And check if you have some kind of smtp capable firewall device (like
a barracuda) or maybe an outsourced filtering provider that's
filtering this lot before it reaches your mailserver.

srs

!SIG:47f49fcf285637219712276!