nanog mailing list archives

Re: the O(N^2) problem

From: "Suresh Ramasubramanian" <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:57:46 +0530

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

Now I'm lost again.  You've mixed so many different metaphors from
interdomain routing to distance-vector computaton to store-and-forward
that I simply don't understand what you are proposing or how one
could begin to approach implementing it or what problem you seem
to think it solves (although it sort of seems like you're wanting to attack
the trustworthiness of email to battle SPAM through some mechanism
that depends only on the level of trust for the (source, arrival path)
tuple from whence it came.

Looks like what various people in the industry call a "reputation system"