nanog mailing list archives

Re: Problems sending mail to yahoo?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:07:09 -0400

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:48:52 CDT, Frank Bulk said:

Q> Does Yahoo! use "greylisting" to reject messages?

A> No.
   The most commonly understood form of "greylisting" is where an
   SMTP server will reject every message the first time it is
   attempted, and then accept it if the sending server retries
   later. The theory is that spammers won't retry messages, while
   legitimate senders will.

   Yahoo! does not utilize this method.

"Spamming^WGreylisting is that which we do not do..."

(And the word^Wword above caused my spell checker to (quite rightly) flag it,
but I have *no* idea why 'Creosoting' was the suggested replacement.  Though
the idea *does* sound tempting...)