nanog mailing list archives

Re: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?

From: "Martin Hannigan" <hannigan () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:15:31 -0400

On 9/17/07, Barrett Lyon <blyon () blyon com> wrote:

On a totally unrelated note:  Not to make any accusation on the
security of the end-point tunnel network what-so-ever, but an
entirely other issue is the tiny bit of a security conundrum that
default tunnels create -- tunneling traffic to another network
without notifying the user seems dangerous.  If I were a tinfoil-hat
security person (or a CSO of a bank for example) this would really
freak me out.

I wonder how setting Internet policy by putting defaults on become part of the
regular operational internet? We're seeing a lot of this with v6 and I
can't figure out how this is being driven.

Best,

Marty