nanog mailing list archives

Re: 240/4

From: Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:27:05 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
Thus spake "Pekka Savola" <pekkas () netcore fi>
 The operators who want to do something private with this space don't need
 the IETF or IANA approval to do so.  So they should just go
 ahead and do it.  If they can manage to get it to work, and live to tell
 about it, maybe we can consider that sufficient proof that we can start
 thinking about reclassification.

There are, fortunately, a number of vendors that don't like to go against existing RFCs.

So.. can you clarify. Which RFCs require routers or hosts to reject 240/4?