nanog mailing list archives

Re: How Not to Multihome

From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:48:49 -0700

--- Keegan.Holley () sungard com wrote:

I have a client that wants us to advertise an IP block assigned by another
ISP.  I know that the best practice is to have them request an AS number
from ARIN and peer with us, etc.  However, I cannot find any information
that states as law.  Does anyone know of a document or RFC that states
this?

There is no law.  ;)  Also, you can advertise the other provider's block given to your prospective customer as long as
you work with that provider on how to do it.  However, if it's less than a /24 it won't get very far as most upstreams
block prefixes longer than a /24.

scott