nanog mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft and Teredo

From: Sean Siler <Sean.Siler () microsoft com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:32:25 -0700

If you're concerned about hosts at your site getting
to the world using Teredo, you can simply block 3544/UDP to prevent
hosts bootstrapping - I'm not sure if already-bootstrapped hosts
would continue to function, I'm guessing that they would.

No, if you block 3544/UDP, the bubble packets are blocked, and Teredo ceases to function, even for those clients who
are already configured.

Sean Siler|IPv6 Program Manager