nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interesting new dns failures

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:19:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 09:25:37PM -0700,
 Roger Marquis <marquis () roble com> wrote
 a message of 15 lines which said:

If not, have any root nameservers been hacked?

To partly answer my own question, no.

I cannot find the original message in my mailbox. (Not on NANOG
mailing list archives.) What was the issue?

The data returned by root (gtld) nameservers is not changing
rapidly.

Now, I understand nothing. Is there a problem with the root
nameservers or with some gTLD nameservers???

There is the issue of fastflux, and the possible solution of blacklisting
at the TLDs.

Both completely separate issues for discussion-sake, as flames can be
avoided.

        Gadi.