nanog mailing list archives

RE: NOC Personel Question (Possibly OT)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:20:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Justin M. Streiner wrote:

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Michael K. Smith - Adhost wrote:

- Technical Support Representative
- Network Administrator
- Senior Network Administrator

Or, you could just call them all "booger eaters" and be done with it.

"Booger Eater (I/II/III/IV) just doesn't look good on a business card :)

"Network Administrator" or some variant thereof could work, if the
person/group in question has appropriately defined roles.  For some
reason, it always bothered me when reading job posings for "Network
Administrator", only to find out it means they need you to babysit 20
Windows boxes :(

Why not explain to HR why they are needed and let them set the title?

Anyway, I have a friend who used managed to get "Not A Janitor" on his
business card.

jms

^^ like the babylon 5 creator?

        Gadi.