nanog mailing list archives

Re: FBI tells the public to call their ISP for help

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:10:50 -0700

On Jun 14, 2007, at 12:21 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:

Read the Microsoft license agreement for WSUS, the information is out there. It works for institutional license holders, but not for public
ISPs.

Maybe I'm totally off-base, but I could've sworn I read something somewhere in the last year or so about Microsoft working with some or genning up a program to work with SPs in order to offer this functionality to their customers, if they so choose?

Can anyone from Microsoft comment?

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com> // 408.527.6376 voice

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

                          -- Laocoön