nanog mailing list archives

Re: peter lothberg's mother slashdotted

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () multicasttech com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:52:25 -0400

On Jul 12, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Robert Blayzor wrote:

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
It's a demonstration of backbone technology, not really access technology.

It's not even that. We all know that 40G technology exists today, this article doesn't prove anything.

On the contrary, I think that it proves again that Peter has a deep understanding of publicity.

How about they fling their magic wand some more and show us where 40G to the residential marketplace is a viable business model. By todays technology costs to make that happen and what the average residential consumer pays, your ROI is about 20 years. ;-)

-Robert

Regards
Marshall