nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cable-Tying with Waxed Twine

From: "Wayne E. Bouchard" <web () typo org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:48:19 -0700

Oh, just a small note on this topic...

Lacing (or even zip tying) doesn't really help a great deal for
tracability and whatnot unless you at least do a rough job of combing
out cables. In fact, failing to do so when you're tying cables down
can kink cables and actually lead to failures since many people haev a
tendancy to overtighten laces.