nanog mailing list archives

Re: Solaris telnet vuln solutions digest and network risks

From: Joe Abley <jabley () ca afilias info>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:27:19 -0500

On 14-Feb-2007, at 09:59, MARLON BORBA wrote:

I agree with Gadi. Everything which affects Internet stability (e.g. DNS denial-of-service attacks) deserves attention of network operators. IMHO
it's time to think about a new NANOG AUP.

The NANOG charter says that the people responsible for updating the AUP are those on the Steering Committee. If you have proposed revisions to the AUP, please send them to steering () nanog org for consideration. If you want to engage in public debate about the AUP, please do it on the nanog-futures () nanog org mailing list, or ask for time on the floor at the next community meeting, or both.

Second-guessing the MLC's interpretation of the AUP on this list is not productive, and is (in my opinion, although it's not my job to decide) off-topic. Anybody who feels that the MLC has acted inappropriately for some reason is very welcome to send their concerns to the SC at steering () nanog org. However, raising those concerns on this list is also (in my opinion) off-topic.

Apologies for extending this thread by one more message; I do so in the hope that some of the energy on display here can be more appropriately directed. Reply-To set to nanog-futures@.

Joe