nanog mailing list archives

Re: Does anyone multihome anymore?

From: Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:12:21 -0400

Actually, in my case I dont think it would help because 577 has some sort of paid agreement with teleglobe and probably a very cheap (or even zero $$$) agreement with Cogent. So I dont think they would let me influence their exit path to make them pay Teleglobe more money :)

Since AS577 keeps coming up in this discussion. They certainly could have adjusted their routing during this event if they felt their customers/business were being negatively impacted.

If it didn't meet that threshold, who are we to judge what is good for their customers/business??

The Internet is not something you can provide total quality assurance on
while many organizations have various definitions for words like "total", "quality", and "assurance".

Deepak