nanog mailing list archives

RE: Abuse procedures... Reality Checks

From: "Frank Bulk" <frnkblk () iname com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:36:26 -0500

Stephen:

Are you saying that if there's nefarious IP out there let's automatically
blacklist the /24 of that IP?  J. Oquendo was describing his own methods and
they sounded quite manual, manual enough that he's getting down to a /8 as
necessary to blacklist a non-responsive operator.  My point is that if
you're going to block something, either block the /32 or do the research to
justify blocking a larger group.

And despite ToS, I think many operators are running automated lookups, and
there are lots of examples out there for ARIN.

Frank