nanog mailing list archives

Re: tech support being flooded due to IE 0day

From: Michael.Dillon () btradianz com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:22:52 +0100

To the people who say we throw in the towel and just say "Gadi will
never
stop posting off-topic crap, so why bother trying to correct him?", I'd
suggest that this is a self-defeating attitude. Not only because Gadi
could actually be posting useful stuff if set on the right path as to
what
is appropriate and what is not, but because 10,000 other people are
going
to be reading that post and thinking that this is appropriate subject
matter. One off-topic post you can delete, but an entire list which has
been co-opted by off-topic material can not be fixed.

I agree with you 100%. Please give us your list of *ALL*
the topics that you think are appropriate for this list.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. Note that I do not agree that anyone has yet tried
to "correct" Gadi. All I have seen is bellyaching on a
personal level, i.e. person A does not like person B's message.
To set everyone on the right path we need a description
of the path itself.