nanog mailing list archives

Re: register.com down sev0?

From: RL Vaughn <Randy_Vaughn () Baylor edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:04:57 -0500

Donald Stahl wrote:

I submitted both spams to spamcop and the appropriate abuse addresses
would have been notified in both cases.  I got no response from either
of my submissions.  As for a "reason for ignoring" my complaint I
really couldn't say since, well they ignored me.
Did you ever send a complaint to abuse () register com and
postmaster () register com personally (so that you could actually verify it
was sent and delivered)? I've never dealt with a company that didn't at
least acknowledge receipt of a complaint.

-Don
I send out several hundred complaints monthly and have acknowledgments from only
20%.  Most of the acknowledgments are automated.  Either I or the abuse@ system
is broken - perhaps both.

Randy