nanog mailing list archives

Re: Boeing's Connexion announcement

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:36:56 -0700

On Oct 14, 2006, at 5:32 PM, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

Such a service would probably only make sense for transcon U.S. flights, where the lack of connectivity can be noticed. And on those routes (at least the airline that I fly) I have about half a dozen or so EmPowered choices each day between, say, Atlanta and Los Angeles.

I think a hotspot-like monthly pass option for flights of any duration would receive strong uptake, were the service ubiquitous, which will require near-universal availability of power in economy- class cabins, IMHO.

Understand, this is all just my personal opinion; I would -love- for this service to be economically viable so that I could use it. I just believe that there are certain preconditions which must be met for it to succeed.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com> // 408.527.6376 voice

Any information security mechanism, process, or procedure which can
be consistently defeated by the successful application of a single
class of attacks must be considered fatally flawed.

    -- The Lucy Van Pelt Principle of Secure Systems Design