nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP failover/migration question.

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:20:38 -0400

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:51:30 BST, Andy Davidson said:
Popular web browsers running on popular desktop operating systems
also display extra-long dns cache time 'bugs'.

A well known fact, which leads right into your next comment...

24 hours + outage whilst stale dns disappears will never do in
internet retail.

And yet, with 90% of the net implementing the "will never do" scenario,
we manage to get a lot of internet retail done anyhow.  I'm obviously going
to need a *lot* more caffeine to sort through that conundrum....