nanog mailing list archives

Re: oof. panix sidelined by incompetence... again.

From: Brett Frankenberger <rbf () rbfnet com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:15:30 -0600

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 10:33:04AM -0800, william(at)elan.net wrote:

Can there be a confirmation of this? I see no such MOTD at
 http://www.panix.com/panix/help/Announcements/

I don't know how realtime that is ... but Panix (including their web
site) was unreachable from several points earlier.  It's back now.

and my connection to panix is fine and route I see is 166.84.0.0/17
with origin in 2033. I also checked at routeviews.org and similarly
all their peers see origin in in 2033. Is there some other route
that has been hijacked then or has it now ben resolved?

As noted in the MOTD posting, Panix is announcing more specifics.
166.84/16 is what they would normally accounce (and they are still
announcing that), 166.84.0/17 and 166.84.128/17 are there to overcome
the /16 Con Ed is advertising.

As of the now (according to Panix; I haven't independantly verified
it), Verio is (at Panix's request) rejecting the route from ConEd, and
Panix's upstreams are accepting the /17s, so connectivity should be
OK from everywhere except possibly ConEd.

     -- Brett