nanog mailing list archives

Re: PI space and colocation

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:19:37 -0500

On Jan 18, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Chris Ranch wrote:

In the past under these circumstances, if the customer still insists on
BGP after I strongly recommeded just a static DFG, I'd peer with the
customer with a private AS (64512-65535).  Then they usually ask me to
annouce a DFG to them.  Sometimes they'd want a full table.  Sigh.

If they are annoying, just let them use their own AS and make it a confederation.

You see it, they see it, the rest of the world doesn't.

At least they'd have the future flexibility of adding another provider
without much change.  I've personally done that too.

Easier if they're using their own ASN.

--
TTFN,
patrick