nanog mailing list archives

Re: Detecting parked domains

From: Roland Perry <lists () internetpolicyagency com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 21:32:54 +0100

In article <20060802200448.GA44921 () icarus home lan>, Jeremy Chadwick <nanog () jdc parodius com> writes
AFAICT, the main challenge is to define what "parked" means in the
context of your application.

It seemed quite obvious to me: he's talking about domain squatting.
"Parking" is just a euphemism.

I have domains (and over time most of mine have once been in this condition) which I've registered (for me, and no speculation involved) but not yet got around to publishing a website for.

I also have several where the published (and useful) website is just one page (harking back to a previous suggestion for a test of parking).

None of my sites has ever had any advertising (nor are likely to).
--
Roland Perry