nanog mailing list archives

Re: Weird DNS issues for domains

From: Robert E.Seastrom <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:53:37 -0400

Matthew Crocker <matthew () crocker com> writes:

Everything looks like it is configured properly on my servers but the
customer is reporting that certain parents (VerizonDSL, Comcast,
DirectWAY) can connect to certain website and not others.   At this
point I think the problem is with the DNS servers at their ISP.

Can someone confirm my sanity?   My zone of control starts at
mtrsd.k12.ma.us  I do not have control over k12.ma.us

I just tested it from a Verizon DSL host and it worked.

You might want to consider reading RFC 2182 though, particularly the
part about geographically diverse nameservers.

Cheers,

                                        ---Rob