nanog mailing list archives

Re: Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 12:08:37 -0400

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:06:51AM -0400, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:
I've been there -- I know how I feel about it -- but I'd love
to know how ISP operations folk feel about this.

Of course Bruce Schneider is going to allocate ISP's handling security so
he can sell them more of his crappy Counterpane products. I find it
offensive that Mr. Schneider would categorize ISPs as lazy and
unresponsible, and it does nothing but encourage me to sell anything BUT
Counterpane to my customers.

He doesn't, as noted, sell much by way of "products"... and please
spell his name correctly.

Cheers,
-- jr 'or is that the New Age spelling?' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me