nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS cache poisoning attacks -- are they real?

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:47:40 -0500

On Mar 29, 2005, at 5:37 AM, Simon Waters wrote:

The answers from a recursive servers won't be marked authoritative (AA bit not set), and so correct behaviour is to discard (BIND will log a lame server
message as well by default) these records.

As others have pointed out, BZZZZT

If your recursive resolver doesn't discard these records, suggest you get one
that works ;)

Yeah, problem is, it ain't my recursive resolver that's the problem... I don't actually follow links in spam (shock, horror), just pointing out the problem.