nanog mailing list archives

Re: 72/8 friendly reminder

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:13:15 -0800

a bit more coffee made me realize that what might best occur would
be for the rir, some weeks BEFORE assigning from a new block issued
by the iana, put up a pingable for that space and announce it on
the lists so we can all test BEFORE someone uses space from that
block.
ARIN meeting happens in Orlando in about 1 month
from now. There is at least one open mike session
on the agenda and there is also a new policy workshop
if folks think that this practice needs to be made
into a formal policy.

it doesn't.  it's not policy.  it's a simple ops hack.  let's
not see how complex we can make it or how much bureaucrazy we
can wrap around it.

it seems that even bureaucrazy ripe managed to do it without
holding policy discussions; see henk's posting.

randy