nanog mailing list archives

RE: sorbs.net

From: "Hannigan, Martin" <hannigan () verisign com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:05:15 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu]On Behalf Of
Micah McNelly
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:59 PM
To: nanog () merit edu
Subject: sorbs.net

Nanog,

Anyone on the list involved with this project?  I need to speak to
someone ASAP.  No, I am not going to pay your ridiculous fine.

From http://www.us.sorbs.net/faq/spamdb.shtml

"Third and finally, if you are really not a spammer, or you are truly reformed, de-listing is relatively easy. You
donate US$50 to a charity or trust approved by, and not connected with, SORBS for each spam received relating to the
listing (This is known and refered to as the SORBS 'fine'). "

That doesn't make a lot of sense. It's an interesting answer to
the BotNet spamming problem, but not really a solution, IMHO.

-M<