nanog mailing list archives

RE: Outage queries and notices (was Re: GBLX congestion in Dallas area)

From: Henry Linneweh <hrlinneweh () sbcglobal net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:04:17 -0700 (PDT)

I did notice A low number on the index at
http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm

-Henry

--- Joel Perez <jperez () numind net> wrote:

[ SNIP ]

I think that these things are operational and
belong here. Its'
the level that ras is talking about and the
content. Saying
MCI has a massive fiber cut impacting 230 Congress
IX vs.
GBLX is not doing what I demand are very different
types of
outage posts.

My original post to the list contained nothing about
any services I
expect with provider xxx. I asked if anybody else
saw packet loss or
congestion.

My follow-up posts contained the reason as to why I
was posting this to
the list instead of to my provider, I then took it
off-list with 2 other
posters and managed to get more info out of them
then out of GBLX. I try
not to bash anybody because I know that doesn't
really resolve anything
most of the time.

I'd like to see the higher level stuff we used to
do and have some
sort of information along with it vs. "i see a
packet drop in XYZ".
A prefix or something. That usually makes people go
look.

I agree, it totally slipped my mind to provide that
info. I just typed
up a quick post and sent it out.

Im my humble opinion I think this is Nanog content
and that is why I
posted it. Most posters opinion of what is and what
isn't appropriate
content varies. I love my delete key, if I don't
think it's appropriate
I delete it. No harm done to me.

To each his own I guess.

Thanks to those that responded.