nanog mailing list archives

Re: London incidents

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:19:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Jim Popovitch wrote:

--- "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net> wrote:

No, it's damned if you take stupid action, damned if you do not do
something you should.

People in charge of our security should not be allowed to take
whatever action comes to mind in the name of security.

Then who should, and with data from who's mind?  I suppose they (the
ones in charge) could spend their time polling the audience, but that
has it's price and uncertainty too.

Indeed it does, but I have to question whether the cellphone decision was
well-thought-out. I really can't believe it was.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol () JustThe net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table"   --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"