nanog mailing list archives

Announcing LinkRank BGP Visualization Tool

From: Mohit Lad <mohit () cs ucla edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:02:45 -0800

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the public release of the Link-Rank tool set, presented at Nanog-32 (http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0410/lad.html). Link-Rank visualizes BGP routing changes to help monitor and diagnose global routing dynamics and is being developed by UCLA's Internet Research Lab in collaboration with Colorado State University's Network Security Lab. LinkRank is freely available for download from:

http://linkrank.cs.ucla.edu/

Together with the tool, we also provide downloadable data of routing dynamics from all the peers of RouteViews Oregon Zebra collector. As of now data is available from January 1, 2004 till Dec 24, 2004; within next couple weeks it will be updated to include the previous day on a daily basis. We are in the process of (1) adding data from the other RouteViews collectors as well as RIPE to our data archive, and (2) packaging up a set of data scripts which converts any BGP data in MRT log format to the Link-Rank input stream.

The website also provides "activity snapshots" summarizing the amount of routing dynamics observed at each peer. We will soon update the snapshots to show the plot of the past 7 days on a continuous basis. In addition, activity snapshots with your choice of parameters of observation point and time period can be generated on the web by using a simple query page.

Link-Rank development is continuing and we are seek your input. For comments and suggestions, as well as bug reports, please send email to linkrankhelp () cs ucla edu

Thanks
Mohit Lad