nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

From: Adi Linden <adil () adis on ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:40:53 -0600

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:53:59AM -0600, Adi Linden wrote:
How is this any different then blocking port 25 or managing the bandwidth
certain applications use.

Something else to consider.  We block TFTP at our border for security reasons
and we've found that this prevents Vonage from working.  Would this mean that
LEC's can't block TFTP?

Exactly my point. If my network management practises impact service my
customers use it is an issue between me and my customers. If I loose
customers over it, I'd better be prepared to deal with the fallout. I do
not think someone offering a service somewhere in the world has the right
to demand that I make this service available to my customers.

Adi