nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Offering Naked DSL in Northeast...

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:14:01 -0700

Andy Johnson wrote:

My speculation is that their billing/accounting system is based on a POTs number, and since these customers will not need one, they will have administrative errors managing accounts.

Yeahbut.

SBC was happy to assign me something that looks like a phone number, but wasn't, so I could make monthly payments on a Yellow Pages ad a few years ago. I was in area code 216, and the account number was 216 R01 XXX YYYY (I forget what the rest of it was).

So I'm not buying that argument. ;)

--
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol () JustThe net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"