nanog mailing list archives

RE: Email Complexes

From: "Vivien M." <vivienm () dyndns org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:56:18 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On
Behalf Of JDeane () sungardfutures com
Sent: September 14, 2004 5:47 PM
To: Ross.Hosman () chartercom com
Cc: nanog () merit edu
Subject: RE: Email Complexes

Fantastic.  Call the providers, purchase an account and let's
be done with this thread.

I hate to state the obvious, but at least two of the providers on his list
were other cable companies. Given that cable companies don't generally sell
standalone POP3 service without some home/small-biz cable modem service, how
exactly do you propose purchasing an account at a cable company that doesn't
serve your area (I'm assuming that Charter's HQ/datacenter/etc is in a
territory it, and not another company, serves...) and actually using said
account?

Vivien