nanog mailing list archives

Re: BitTorrent is 35% of traffic ?

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <tme () multicasttech com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:12:39 -0500

Reality check

This week's netflow for the Internet 2

http://netflow.internet2.edu/weekly/20041025/

has BitTorrent taking up about 4.8 % of the traffic, http is 15 to 18%, and all
file sharing is about 10%, down from 50% 2 years ago.

Since file sharing and related uses are generally heavy traffic sources on I2, I would conclude
that the Reuter's numbers are too high.

regards
Marshall Eubanks

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:59:42 +0900