nanog mailing list archives

Re: Status of FCAPS model? Useful? Obsolete?

From: Irwin Lazar <ilazar () burtongroup com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:59:28 -0500

We see a lot of interest among enterprises in ITIL for IT service
management, which I'm guessing would overlap the FCAPS framework.  Is anyone
investing it for the SP side?

(what's ITIL?  - http://www.ogc.gov.uk/index.asp?id=2261)

Irwin

From: Christian Kuhtz <christian.kuhtz () BELLSOUTH COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:23:31 -0500
To: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>, "Hannigan, Martin"
<hannigan () verisign com>
Cc: <nanog () merit edu>
Subject: Re: Status of FCAPS model? Useful? Obsolete?

Seems the latest cluster of hype is around (e)TOM from the TMF, much more
than strict FCAPS etc.