nanog mailing list archives

AW: UDP port 4000 traffic: likely a new worm

From: "Florian Frotzler" <florian.frotzler () gmx at>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:02:47 +0100

I can acknowledge that we see the worm also in Europe/Austria. Today we
had a customer with a Black Ice firewall flooding us with random
4000/udp traffic before we shut him down.

Kind Regards,

--
DI (FH) Florian Frotzler
IT Planning

e W ) a ) v ) e
eWave Telekommunikation GmbH
A-1210 Wien, Ignaz-Koeck-Strasse 1

Von: George Bakos

The number of immediately vulnerable hosts was rapidly
depleted by the worm, given the launch was AFTER most
business had shut down for the weekend. I'll venture that
Black Ice, a commercial security product, is deployed much
more widely on the corporate laptop than the home machine.

I expect to see more than a slight bump in those numbers come
Monday AM.

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:50:30 -0800