nanog mailing list archives

RE: Compromised Hosts?

From: "Ejay Hire" <ejay.hire () isdn net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:53:29 -0600

We get a lot of automated complaints.  A human reads all of
them, and act on some of them.  I'm particularly fond of the
dozen-a-week "Source quench" attack emails we get, where Joe
Guy's IDS identifies the single source quench packet from a
DSL Cpe as malicious.  Perhaps next time we should give our
ICMP control messages friendlier names.  :)

-Ejay