nanog mailing list archives

Re: [OnTopic] common list sense (Re: Even you can be hacked)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:39:49 -0400

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:52:40 PDT, Steve Gibbard said:

As an occasional poster to this and other lists, I sometimes get a few
duplicate replies, which, being sent directly to me, end up in my regular
mailbox instead of my NANOG folder, and thus require me to actively delete
or sort through them.  As an occasional issue, it seems like a natural
result of sending out a message to a few thousand people.  Not being all
that important I often find it hard to believe that a few thousand people
will want to read what I have to say, so I don't do it all that often.

Much more annoying are borked Out-of-Brain responders that annoy you when
you post to a list because they don't understand the concept of a list.

What's really sad is when an Out-of-Brain responder manages to trigger
my procmail duplicate detector.. ;)