nanog mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: [IP] Japan facing bandwidth shortage due to take-up in broadband]

From: Jess Kitchen <jk () burstfire net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 04:35:57 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

[snip]

And I do believe that a lot of the bandwidth for broadband (true
broadband that is, not what the average US ISP would call "dsl" or
"cable") there is online gaming traffic... bandwidth requirements for
that would be increasing steadily if I don't miss my guess.

This would depend on the netcode of the engines involved, but historically
it's always been relatively low throughput per-client but high pps.

P2P decimating transit links is more likely to be the offender imo.

Regards,
Jess.

--
Jess Kitchen ^ burstfire.net[works] _25492$