nanog mailing list archives

Re: PC Routers (was Re: /24s run amuck)

From: Marius Strom <marius () marius org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:13:49 -0600

Yep, that describes the old GRF400/800 to a T.  It was gated.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Nicole wrote:
 I used to work with an Ascend GRF (goes real fast) Router that was nothing
more than a hacked BSD os running on a hard drive at first then they
moved to a flash card that controlled some custom switching hardware.
But all the functions were via the BSD os and I think it just used
Gated.

 Sounds very similiar.

  Nicole

                     |\ __ /|   (`\
                     | o_o  |__  ) )
                    //      \\
 -  nicole () daemontech com  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
 " Daemons" will now be known as "spiritual guides"
-Politically Correct UNIX Page

"Witchcraft is in essence the worship of the powers of this world,
 beautiful and terrible, but all in a circle under the turning sky
 that is the One."     -C.A. Burland, "Echoes of Magic"

"Connecting with energy is something humans have to be open
 to and talking about and expecting,  otherwise the whole human
 race can go back to pretending that life is about power over others
 and exploiting the planet.  If we go back to doing this,
 then we won't survive."      -James Redfield, "The Celestine Prophecy"

--
Marius Strom           | Always carry a short length of fibre-optic cable.