nanog mailing list archives

Re: Stolen creditcard and DDoS spam

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:32:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

I usually ignore spam other than to sift through my spambox for false
positives from time to time, but now I got one that was significantly
higher up the annoyance scale. A quote:

"we can offer you stolen data about credit cards of Europe and USA
inhabitants and also of Asian countries. Here and just here you'll be

I believe these look quite similar to the 'shadow crew' and 'carderplanet'
spams of recent months. I believe 'shadow crew' was investigated and later
arrested (or some parts of something they thought was shadow crew) by the
USSS. I imagine you would have decent luck starting there, keep in mind
you are probably not the first to bring this to their attention.

-Chris