nanog mailing list archives

Stolen creditcard and DDoS spam

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch () muada com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:24:09 +0100

I usually ignore spam other than to sift through my spambox for false positives from time to time, but now I got one that was significantly higher up the annoyance scale. A quote:

"we can offer you stolen data about credit cards of Europe and USA inhabitants and also of Asian countries. Here and just here you'll be able to find out all about your boss, how much does he earn, his SSN and a lot of other info. We accept orders for DDOS-attacks of any servers and also we offer spam-services."

Since they say in so many words that they're breaking the law, and there is a good number of URLs listed, it may be worthwhile to track them down. Anyone have a pointer to a law enforcement agency or group or whatever that might be interested in this?